Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The journey to the Nirvana





we set off from the Kesbewa at mid night around 00.40 am to Anuradhapura. our destinations was Anuradhapura Mahamewna monastery. it was a bongo van that we were traveling. from the begining we were keep interchanging the past memories. I had only my friend, Mahesh as an old buddy and others were strangers whilst they were friend of Mahesh's elder brother. we start singing songs as one of his friend started song but not in the rhythm. so I got the bongo and patted to the rhythm. we played a number of songs including classic, baila, loving, drama and so on. the clock was 3.30 and I felt so drowsy. so we stopped singing and went to sleep on narrow seat wrying the body.

Tharaka Vitanage, is the topic should be changed instead of what I titled to the post. we all were at A'pura because of him. he studied at Central college, Piliyandala subsequently advanced level he got through university education and had a degree. he was at every funeral, wedding, alms-giving and public donations. very talkative indeed no one could tease him, in short he was a very good derider and a teaser. in our words we call it "BYTE". even though he participated all events at first place never see he take alchohol or smoke among buddies who take those. Tharaka ayya (brother tharaka) was not my close friend but his young brother is in my bracket. his granny was my teacher who taught me at school, year one, ARALIYA class. so we know each for more than 20 years.

days passed by and suddenly we had a news that Tharaka left home without noticing a place and referencing a letter saying don't try to find me. later we got knew he had been chosen a path to bea priest and it was doomed at his horoscope too. so we were waiting a clue from him to see him. lastly he had sent a message that he is going to be a monk and its ceromony will be held at 9'th of october. I was amazed and with open mouth. so Mahesh and I planned to go A'pura.

I woke up around 06.00 am while the van was heading to A'pura. Sun was rising ripping down the dark as the Lord Buddha reached enlightment overcoming the sins.. "wait wait wait a bit" I yelled and got down from the van with my camera and captured the sun to remember the day.

No comments: