Sunday, October 18, 2009

my fish tank




I was up to buy a Aravana. Its so famous in Feng-shui which is in fabulous of china prosperity. since I said "mom i gonna buy a Aravana" she started screaming on me "it needs much attension you can't do that". so i gave up Aravana in mind and was thinking another suggestion....

I recently saw a nice fish that is glittering with blue color, shinny and looks very similar to famous fish species that Angel. The blue color fish with vertical stripes of black got my eyes on it. In the aquarium there were few traits of same fish but they were much expensive. one of them was 150 LKR. so I bought 16 fishes as I wanted to see a herd of same fish in the tank. I thought i would be nice and blue color fished will turn my tank to a beautiful sapphire diamond.

So its name Discus and it a sub species of Discus and namely, Blue Turquoise Discus. there are many beautiful color Discuses red, yellow, white, pearl in color. they feed by live foods like blood worms, beef. as blood worms are so expensive I suppose to buy beef heart to feed them.

at the moment I'm writing this post it is almost 6 months from the day i bought them. now they bigger in size than they were taken from the aquarium. I'm sadly say 4 of them died due to clear water while cleaning the tank. they needed to be shifted to the same water to a basin while cleaning the sophisticate water to new. and the newly added water needs to be little bit old to set the PH value. so i add old water that i collected previously to the new water.

well that all for now. I'm hoping to add latest snaps of them to the blog and write about more.

No comments: